The vision for this site is to incorporate multi-unit residential buildings, with distinctive open green spaces that will connect to the existing community. The proposed plan is based on the belief that diverse and connected places contribute to resilient neighbourhoods. Site design thoughtfully ensures that buildings and spaces in between coalesce into a place of comfort, convenience, usability, and enjoyment.
Redeveloping 2501 Richmond will contribute to the community and future generations through:
- Safe removal of the school and hazards at the site
- Open spaces for gathering, playing and relaxing
- Enhanced walking and cycling pathways
- Improvements to roads and intersections
- Thoughtful streetscape design
- Provide a variety of housing options for the community